These interviews and articles are part of a special issue of Transformations on games in education, originally published on September 30, 2013. The issue was developed by Mike Roy (Middlebury College), guest editor and editorial board member of the Academic Commons, and Todd Bryant (Dickinson College), who was instrumental in organizing and developing the special issue.
- Games with a Purpose: Interview with Anastasia Salter
- Game-Based Learning: Interview with Maura Smale
- Gaming the Future of Higher Education, by Bryan Alexander
- This Is Not a Game (It’s a Class): Lessons Learned From An In-Class Alternate Reality Game (ARG) by Brett Boessen
- Challenges to Games in Education Reaching the Mainstream, by Todd Bryant
- Taking Games in Libraries Seriously by Andy Burkhardt
- Learning (Together) with Games – Civilization and Empire, by Ed Webb